Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's "OK" Thursday 11/1

Its Ok Thursdays
 
"Its OK"


-That my daughter likes to borrow my clothes. If she didn't, that would probably tell me something.

-That I really need to find some new craft projects to keep me busy. All of this baking and cooking comfort foods is not good for the waistline. My whole family needs a diet.



-That today I will be online booking a tropical vacation for after Christmas to make up for the fact that I missed my trip this week. I am thinking Aruba.



-That if your number comes up on my caller ID as unavailable...I will be unavailable. I cant wait for this election to be over.

-That my daughter sent me this text last night. I think she now understands my evening happy hours. Any excuse right?



-That I only had nine kids show up at my house for Halloween. The streets were empty. That never would have happened when I was a kid. I have 3 bags of candy left. I wonder if birds like candy?

-That I was so bored yesterday that I cleaned the whole house by myself instead of waiting for my daughters help this weekend.



-That I have been such a slacker in the exercise department.  I still have a lingering cold for oh, about a month now. I am joining the gym down the street either today or tomorrow. No excuses. I will need to look good in that bathing suit in Aruba.



-That we will be going to trivia night again tonight. We had so much fun last week. We did not win but this week we are determined. I still think the people that won cheated by using their phones. I know they did not know what the largest land locked country in the world was. I am not a sore loser or anything.

-That I am seriously longing to get a dog. I will give myself a month to think it over.

After seeing this picture, I want one even more now.

-That I think this may be a shopping weekend seeing that our football team has a bye week. I do not like not having my Sunday football at all. I will watch other games but it is not the same.

-That I love coffee but hate drinking it after its about an hour old. I will make coffee all morning long to avoid drinking old coffee. When I go to visit my mother I tell her when I am on my way and to make a fresh pot of coffee. I tell her not to try to fool me, I will know if it is old coffee she is trying to serve me.


-That my daughter could not dress up for Halloween at work. I told her to wear this outfit anyway. I told her it really is something somebody wore and not as a costume. It would still look like a costume. They cant fire her for having bad taste right? She did not end up wearing it to my disappointment.

I told you that I am going to insert this picture in my blog every time that I can. It always makes me smile.

-That most mornings I wake up looking like heat miser. That's why I have to wash my hair every day. Today was exceptionally bad. I am embarrassed for myself.



-That it is Thursday and I haven't left my house since Sunday. Having the hurricane this week didn't help. That is my excuse for this week anyway.



Have a great Thursday!









 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I find all the stuffs interesting but let me comment on one particular statement.... go get your doggie! It can even relieve you from stress.. and that would mean less need for comfort foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puppy is so cute! I love taking walks with mine - she gets me out even when I may not feel like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. want. that. puppy! What a sweetie! Congrats to you on booking your trip. Aruba does sound nice right about now and it isn't even that cold yet. I agree, your daughter should have worn the outfit. She looks cute! Have a great weekend, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad, you had only a few trick or treaters
    our house is 3 houses away from the clubhouse where there is always a halloween party before trick or treating, we get wiped out every year
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's definitely nothing wrong with not having left your house for a while - sometimes it's good to take some time at home.

    Have fun planning your vacation and have a wonderful weekend Laura :)


    p.s. We have NO trick or treaters on my new street (because it's mainly townhouses with their inhabitants being younger/workaholics with no children.) Boo :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trivia night sounds so fun! And we only got 15 or 20 trick-or-treaters, and we had enough candy for about 5 times that many. I took the candy to work to get it out of the house... but then ate a bunch of it anyway. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so sweet that you and your daughter have such a close relationship! I love my mama as well. Hope your home was safe from the hurricane. Have fun planning your vacation, I am way jealous! I am your newest follower, found your blog from a blog hop!
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on so many things. I want a dog too, but haven't found one that I'm ready to start the training process over for. I also am amazed by how much trick or treating has changed (I wrote a blog post about that.)

    Glad you and your daughters are so close. I so wanted that with my mom. I hope that I have that close bond with my daughter when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that puppy! I want a puppy so bad. Please get one so I can live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dogs are seriously the best. we got one a little older and already trained- best decision ever!

    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are doing okay! Is the lack of kids on the street because of the weather? So excited about your Aruba vacation coz I know you'll blog all about it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! This is hilarious! I am following you from the Weekend Blog Walk. Aruba sounds so good right about now...
    Lisette
    Northern Belle Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up with Super Sunday Sync this week. Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the laughs Laura! I need to come by here much more often:)
    Hope you have a great wednesday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete