Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My latest creation

 
I made this wine glass for my friend who competed in the Miss Massachusetts/USA pageant this past weekend. Sadly, she did not place. She will always be a beauty queen to me, win or lose. I wanted to do something special for her, so I made her this wine glass. I went heavy on the bling because she is a girly girl.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
My son helped by drawing the crowns on with a sharpie. I just filled them in with paint. I had to use ultra fine paint brushes. I think drawing with a sharpie first when doing bigger designs is the way to go.
 
This glass was the hardest one I have done so far. It took the longest time to make. I had to let the colors dry in between.
 
 I was not happy with the way I could see the glue from the gems I put on the glass. I baked it to shrink it a little. It worked. I would have hated to throw this glass away with all of the work I had put into it. Thankfully the baking of the glue did not ruin it. 
 
I did learn a lesson to take it easy on the glue. You need just enough to make it stick and so that the gems stays on through washing.
 
I need to start working on a few Christmas gifts. I hope I can fit in doing some Christmas crafts in between.
 
Have a great Tuesday!
 


13 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I have never tried painting on glass but my art teacher says she could hold some classes. I would like that. If I were your friend I would have be proud to receive this.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it came out very regal :) I'm sure she is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gesture - I'm sure it was truly touching for her to receive it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beauty of a gift for a beauty of a friend! Again I marvel at your patience Laura! I'd have probably thrown out 5 or 6 of them in the attempt LOL! Thanks for sharing it at the party this week too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those glasses are just gorgeous! I'm excited you joined the the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Hoping you make some new bloggy friends and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love them. How fun! Enjoy using them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique idea, I've never seen this before! I bet she was really happy to receive it.

    I'm your newest follower via the Followers to Friends blog hop - stop by sometime and say hi :)

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun. lucky friend to have such a sweet supporter.

    Aloha,

    We've got this amazing team hosting An Aloha Affair so that we can all gather and share and mingle with other beautiful creatives over the next few days. You are personally invited to join us, if you please. I'd love it if you would.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! I've never tried it, but I want to now! Thanks for linking it up at the Crafty Cornucopia Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great and personal idea. I wish I had wine drinking friends because I would do this for them and give them a bottle for the after christmas shopping days. I started following you from Thumping Thursday Blog Hop and would love it if you followed me back.
    http://www.atmycounter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I love all the different crowns. Found you on Life on Lakeshore Drive Bouquet of Talent party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, you are on a roll!!! I love it. You do an amazing job! I just pinned. Thanks so much for sharing at a Bouquet of Talent! Have a wonderful week.

    HUGS
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete